Monday, May 04, 2009

Gluten Free Meal Planning

MONDAY
Breakfast: leftover coconut-quinoa pancakes with homemade yogurt and fruit
Dinner: oven roasted root vegetables with veal scallopinis and salad greens

>Bake, slice and freeze GF quinoa bread
>Bake breakfast crunchies
>Prepare paleo apple sorbet
>Thaw pumpkin puree

TUESDAY
Breakfast: pumpkin smoothie (with homemade matsoni yogurt)
Dinner: vegetable quiche and/or soup

>Prepare hibiscus ice tea
>Bake GF crispy ginger cookies with coconut sugar
>Prepare filmjolk yogurt
>Soak scottish oats* overnight

WEDNESDAY
Breakfast: soaked scottish oatmeal* with blueberries and coconut milk
Dinner: shepherd's pie with cauliflower or sweet potato crust

>Prepare soaked muesli overnight

THURSDAY
Breakfast: soaked muesli with fruits and nuts
Dinner: SCD/paleo rustic pizza with mushrooms

>Make sesame milk
>Bake cherry clafoutis

FRIDAY
Breakfast: cherry clafoutis with homemade yogurt
Dinner: TBD

>Thaw pumpkin puree
>Prepare pumpkin pancake batter with almond flour

SATURDAY
Breakfast: paleo pumpkin pancakes
Lunch: omelette and/or salad
Dinner: TBD

>Freeze leftover pancakes

SUNDAY
Breakfast: TBD
Lunch: TBD
Dinner: TBD

*Note that Bob's Red Mill Scottish oats aren't certified gluten free but I tolerate them.

2 comments:

Alettesiriane said...

How good this all sounds ,I will have to learn to plan ahead as you do ,thankyou for a wonderfull post,I follow with eyes wide open.

Zenseer said...

Thank you Alette!
You can find some of the recipes in my previous post "Mondays in the Kitchen" (I should have combo both posts).
I'm new to meal planning but I find it quite fun. This way, no more wondering about what I will have to cook for the next meal and I think it'll help me use fresh items more wisely.
Plus I think it can really help to stick to a grocery budget.

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites