Apparently King Arthur Flour also offers 2 types or yogurt starters: a Regular Yogurt Starter and a Bifidus Yogurt Starter.
And last but not least, I found another supplier of fresh yogurt cultures: Nick's Natural Nook. They offer the followings: FilMjolk, Viili, Piima, Matsoni and Buttermilk cultures.
- FilMjolk yogurt starter powder makes a mild and creamy, soft-custard Swedish yogurt that has a very pleasant buttermilk taste (I tried it during a trip in Sweden and loved it).
- Viili is a fermented milk product (yogurt) that comes from Finland for which we supply the yogurt starter culture; it has a thick and viscous consistency, almost jelly-like. It is mildly sweet and pleasant tasting.
- Piima (pronounced pee'ma) is light and creamy Scandinavian yogurt with a slight buttermilk tang and a mild cheese flavor perfectly blended.
- Matsoni (pronounced madzoon) is a fermented milk product (yogurt) from the Republic of Georgia, a country in the Caucasus on the Black Sea for which we supply the yogurt starter culture; It is a smooth and creamy pourable yogurt with a mild slightly sweet savor.
- Cultured buttermilk is fermented sour milk that is commonly used in cooking.