Friday, May 01, 2009

Reasons to Give Up Grains

I haven't managed yet to go entirely grain free because I experience weakness and my hypoglycemia comes back.
But if I stick to 1 serving a day (2 servings maximum) then I'm fine.
My liver doesn't like too little nor too much carbs/sugar...It's all about fine tuning.
I eat plenty of vegetables including greens, root vegetables and squashes. I've also increased my protein and fat intakes but I don't feel well if I have these in large quantities.
I have legumes only in small quantity and properly prepared because they too are hard to digest.

Anyway, this is an interesting article:
http://nourishedkitchen.com/against-the-grain-10-reasons-to-give-up-grains/

No comments:

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites