The following is a list of my favorite gluten-free, grain-free, paleo-friendly, SCD/GAPS cookbooks. Some of them also contain dairy-free, egg-free and/or sugar free recipes as well.
Note that there are lots of gluten free cookbooks out there, not all of them are good or healthy.
I consider that replacing gluten grains/flours with starches and gums is like switching from one evil to another. Starches and gums are no good and certainly won't help you heal your gut/body.
When cooking gluten free, the best approach is to be open minded and to think outside the box.
If you're thinking about recreating your favorite donut recipe, then yes you'll need lots of gums & starches to obtain a similar yet passable result since it will feel and taste more like a sponge than a donut!
I hope this list will help you find your way through a new, healthy & healing way of cooking. Remember that recipes can always be adapted to suit your needs, even if they might require a little fine tuning.
Here are some of my favorites:
- "Gluten-free gourmet desserts and baked goods" by Valérie Cupillard (translated from the french)
- "Cooking with coconut flour" by Bruce Fife
- "Breaking the vicious cycle"by Elaine Gottschall
- "Gut and Psychology Syndrome" by Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride
- "Grain-free gourmet" by Jodi Lager & Jenny Lass
- "Everyday grain-free gourmet" by Jodi Lager & Jenny Lass
- "Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet" by Raman Prasad
- "Cooking for Celiacs, Colitis, Crohn's and IBS" by Sandra Ramacher
- "Eat well, feel well" by Kendall Conrad
- "The gluten-free almond flour cookbook" by Elana Amsterdam
- "The Spunky Coconut Cookbook" ~gluten free, casein free, sugar free~ by Kelly Brozyna
- "The IBS low-starch diet" by Carol Sinclair
- "Recipes for IBS" by Ashley Koff
- "Cooking to heal little tummies" by Jenna Roberts & Natalie Hagood
- "Lucy's Specific Carbohydrate Diet Cookbook" by Lucy Rosset
- "SCD with taste & tradition" by Rochel Weiss
- "Pesach - Anything's Possible!" ~Over 350 non-gebrochts, gluten-free & wheat-free recipes" by Tamar Ansh
- "The Bee Well Cookbook" ~Nourishing foods for sensitive people~ by Katie Whitmarsh
- "The wheat-free cook" ~Gluten-free recipes for everyone~ by Jacqueline Mallorca
- "Mother Necessity gluten free/casein free recipes) by Cristin Fergus
- "Gluten-free cookery" by Peter Thomson
- "The art of baking with rice flour" by Muriel L. Richter & Debe Nagy-Nero
- "Sans gluten naturellement" de Valérie Cupillard
- "Sans lait et sans oeufs" de Valérie Cupillard
- "Desserts et pains sans gluten" de Valérie Cupillard
- "Recettes gourmandes pour personnes sensibles" d' Eva Claire Pasquier
- "Recettes gourmandes pour une vie meilleure" ~sans lait, sans gluten, sans oeufs~ d'Eva Claire Pasquier
- "L'Atelier Bio" (contain some gluten free recipes, other recipes can be adapted)
Other interesting & inspirational books (not all gluten free but recipes can be adapted):
- "The Self Healing Cookbook" by Kristine Turner
- "Allergy Alert Cookbook" by Rosita Blanka Filipek
- "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon
- "Full Moon Feast" by Jessica Prentice
- "The Feel Good Food Guide" by Deborah Page Johnson
- "Laurel's Kitchen Caring" ~Recipes for everyday home caregiving~ by Laurel Robertson
- "Fabulous & Flourless" ~150 wheatless and dairy-free desserts~ by Mary Wachtel Mauksch
- "Vegetable desserts" ~Beyond carrot cake and pumpkin pie~ by Elisabeth Schafer & Jeannette L. Miller
- "Desserts with a difference" ~Carrot cake, fennel tart and other surprising & delicious vegetable desserts~ by Sally & Martin Stone
- "Cucina Ebraica" by Joyce Goldstein
- "Coconut Cuisine" by Jan London
- "The Birket Mills Buckwheat Cookbook"
- "Real food - what to eat and why" by Nina Planck
- "Primal Body - Primal Mind" by Nora T. Gedgaudas
- "Trick and Treat" ~How 'healthy eating' is making us ill~ by Bary Groves
- "Eat fat, lose fat" by Mary Enig & Sally Fallon
- "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" by Weston A. Price
- "Nightshade free, pain free!" by Michael Fowler
- "Wild Fermentation" by Sandor Katz
- "Delia Smith's Frugal Food"
- "The nutrient-dense eating plan" by Douglas L. Margel
- "Ani's Raw Food Desserts" by Ani Phyo
- "Ani's Raw Food Kitchen" by Ani Phyo
- "Sproutman's Kitchen Garden Cookbook" by Steve Meyerowitz
- "L'Alimentation ou la 3e Medecine" du Dr Jean Seignalet
- "La Cuisine des Petits Chemins" d'Annie Pavlowitch
- "Petit Précis de Cuisine Elfique" de Laurence & Yannig Germain
There are 2-3 other books that I might consider adding to this list. I'll update it later...
Hope this helps ;).