I chose to stay away from aluminium and non-stick/Teflon pans for health reasons:
- Aluminium is linked to Alzheimer's Disease and Breast Cancer (aluminium is an ingredient commonly found in commercial deodorants)
- If you cook with non-stick/Teflon cookware, you can be sure that Teflon particles will be found in your bloodstream and...they don't go away! (From personal experience, non-stick pans don't clean better/more easily than cast iron pans...It's an urban legend).
So when it comes to baking, I prefer using glass, clay and ceramic pans.
Here are some items you might consider for your baking needs:
- Luminarc has a 6.5"x4" baby loaf pan with lid (an item not available everywhere)
- "Bake N Store" from Anchor Hocking (I've been using this pan for a while and am very satisfied about it. I usually add 5-10 extra minutes to the recommended baking time.)
- Emerson Creek Pottery offers small ceramic loaf pans that are non-toxic & lead free
- Ebay also has some good deals for new or used pans. I searched for "mini loaf pan" and found quite a few from 3" to 6" long pans. Prices vary and you can bid on some items.
Happy baking ;).