Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Petite Jupe Féerique / Little Flower Fairy Skirt

Today I was in the mood for sewing, which I haven't done for some time now. I have lots of fabrics waiting to be taken care of, some of them dating back to collections I designed a few years ago.

Anyway, I decided to pick that fairy-like printed cotton fabric that a bought a few months ago at my local fabric shop. I only got 1 yard since I didn't have a project in mind when I purchased it...It's incredible what you can do with only 1 yard!

I decided to sew a simple knee high skirt. I've always been told when I was still a student at the fashion school that you need to choose simple shapes for fancy/printed fabrics but you can make fancier shapes with more plain fabrics...So I followed the advice.

And here's my skirt:
And a zoom on the fabric:The light wasn't good enough to capture the colors/details properly and the picture doesn't do my pretty little skirt justice, so I'll describe the print the best I can. It's a floral/leafy pattern printed in an ink/watercolor-like manner in Fall colors (shades of purple, olive green, rust, brown...) and the background of the fabric has an almond green color.

No comments:

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites