- 1/2 cup of natural almond butter (raw, roasted, smooth or crunchy depending on your preferences)
- 1/2 cup honey, preferably raw (I used a dark and flavorful mountain honey)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 tsp salt (I use Himalayan sea salt)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, preferably pastry flour (1 used 1/2 cup organic whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup organic pastry flour)
>Preheat oven to 350F. Cream the almond butter and the honey together. Stir in the egg and the vanilla/almond extract. Sift together the salt, the soda and the flour, and stir into the butter mixture.
>This recipe makes 1 or 2 dozen cookies. It's said that they're good keepers ;).
You should preferably use organic, pesticide-free and/or raw ingredients for optimum taste and nutrition. Feel free to experiment with different nut and seed butters...