Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Garden Update

Yesterday was a nice day and, since I knew a rainstorm was approaching, I decided to do a little Spring cleaning and finish sowing my Spring veggies. I also got some heirloom strawberries delivered in the mail so I planted them right away! ;)

Here's what I've sown:
Lavender, arugula, french radishes, stinging nettle

What is currently germinating/growing:
Broccoli raab, (bulbous) fennel, dandelion, snow peas, carrots, blueberries, gooseberries

What is ready to harvest:
Spinach, turnip greens, Swiss chard, collard greens

For this Summer (that is if I can find room/large enough pots available), I'd like to try growing Minnesota midget cantaloupes again and maybe some zucchinis/summer squashes. I will most likely also grow 1 tomato plant for Andrew since I don't eat nightshades. No need to grow New Zealand spinach since there's plenty that grows wild on the green belt, just waiting for me ;).

No comments:

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites