Friday, March 19, 2010

2 Good Finds...


I wanted to buy a Bundt pan for quite some time but all I could find were pans made of aluminium (a no-no in my kitchen) or with a non-stick/Teflon coating (even more of a no-no). Thanks to Kelly from The Spunky Coconut, I learned about ceramic Bundt pans (I don't know why I didn't even search for these since I like glass & earthenware). So I searched on Ebay and found this handmade & signed small Bundt pan (about 6 inches in diameter) at a very good price (since I was the only one to bid on it). It's a plain pan with no frills but its size is perfect for my use. Thanks again Kelly!

The other good find is a (cook)book: "Red Velvet Chocolate Heartache: The ultimate feel-good book of natural cakes that taste naughty" by Harry Eastwood. I had to order this book from UK since it is not sold in the US. What makes it so special? Well, all these baked goods are made of vegetables as their main ingredient. Think pumpkin, sweet potato, zucchini, carrots, beets...But also parsnips and eggplants just to name a few. This book also uses almost exclusively almond flour and rice flour (perfect for my gluten free diet). It is low in fat (fats are not an issue with me) and low in sugar (which I will replace anyway). I will have to tweak the recipes a bit regarding the eggs but they all look tempting and delicious. The book's layout is well done and the pictures are beautiful; it is well worth leaving on the coffee table if you don't intend to bake these goodies (which I doubt)...;).

No comments:

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites