- "Engage in anti-consumerism: purchase only products that fulfill vital needs and avoid shopping as a simple escape to life.
- Have a minimum of personal property and reduce the number of possessions to maintain a low material standard of living.
- Cherish old, well-kept things that still serve well, rather than admiring and purchasing new things just because they are new.
- Develop a career that makes a meaningful contribution to life, rather than just "making a living".
- Participate in and appreciate activities and lifestyles that do not blatantly disrespect or take advantage of fellow human beings or the natural world.
- Live in nature as opposed to merely visiting beautiful, overcrowded tourist destinations, such as national parks.
- Develop a feeling of responsibility toward local ecosystems.
- Purchase locally grown or raised food, or grow/raise your own."
From "Ecoshamanism - Sacred Practices of Unity, Power & Earth Healing" by James Endredy