Monday, September 28, 2009

Coconut and Chestnut Puddings (Gluten Free, Grain Free, Paleo Friendly)

I enjoy these for breakfast or as a quick dessert...

Coconut Pudding
I've modified my "cream of coconut" recipe slightly and I like this newer version better ;).
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup lite coconut milk (I use Trader Joe's lite coconut milk because it's the only coconut milk I can find without thickeners, preservatives or other unwanted ingredients. But you can use half full fat coconut milk and half water instead)
  • 4 tbsp coconut flour
  • Coconut sugar (optional)
Pour liquid in a small saucepan and set on medium heat. Whisk in the coconut flour until there are not lumps left. Let the liquid thicken (it only takes a few minutes) until it reaches desired consistency. Add your sweetener (optional) and stir well.
Pour your Coconut Pudding in a bowl and enjoy as it is or add some toppings of your choice (fruits, berries, nuts, chocolate chips...).

Chestnut Pudding (my personal favorite)
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup homemade almond milk or raw milk (you can dilute the milk with water if necessary)
  • 4-6 tbsp chestnut flour (depending on the flour)
  • Maple syrup (more than optional since chestnut flour is naturally sweet)
Proceed as for the above recipe.
I like to serve this Chestnut Pudding with a sliced apple, a few raisins and some sliced almonds. Enjoy!
For a chocolate pudding, just melt some chocolate chips with the milk before adding the chestnut flour ;).

1 comment:

BALLET NEWS said...

thanks for this - I'll give it a go

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites