Monday, April 14, 2008

Introducing Black Annis Cosmetics

Over the past few months, I've been thinking about having a small lines of natural & botanical cosmetics. I know that mineral powder have become very popular but they are also quite pricey.

I chose the name Black Annis Cosmetics because I wanted a Faery inspiration for my line. Since my products are natural and made with herbs, it seemed very appropriate (hopefully the Fairies will appreciate and bless my products as well).

In the Celtic Faery lore, Black Annis is a hag. Hags are often described as ugly & nasty old crones; I believe they are very misunderstood spirits of power and wisdom. One of my favorite tree to work with (both on a spiritual and medicinal level) is the Elder tree. The Elder is a Faery tree and portal to the Underworld. The spirit of the Elder is an old and wise crone who will gladly help and even bestow gifts if treated with all due respect. Elder is a tree of transformation as well.

My Fair Lady Face Powder is the first item of this new cosmetic line. It is a veil powder more than a foundation powder because it will prevent the skin to become shiny but won't cover blemishes (or very lightly). It's a powder that I recommend for light and fair skin complexions.
My Fair Lady is made of arrowroot powder and pesticide-free rose powder that imparts a natural pinkish hue to the powder as well as a nice rose scent. I really enjoy it ;).

I'm hoping to be able to come up with a matching blush but it seems that it'll be harder than I thought. Other than that, I will be offering herbally infused tinted lip balm in shades of pink and red (if I'm lucky maybe even a violet) similar to my Wise Woman Lip Balm in texture and goodness...

1 comment:

The Crone at Wits End said...

Ohhhh! You have just reminded me to look for some Elder cuttings! I used to have one growing in my garden in the ACT but haven't sourced one yet for Wit's End.

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites