Thursday, July 12, 2007

First jewelry pieces...

I thought the Lammas creative challenge was a good opportunity to make my first pieces for Rising Stone Jewelry. Since it is about celebrating the first harvest, my items are very earthy.

I made a MAIZE ring and a pair of matching MAIZE earrings made of red clay embossed with a corn kernel motif. They have been lightly varnished to strenghten the clay and give a little shine. I also added touches of gold and copper paint.

These unique items have been created to celebrate Lammas, the beginning of Harvest. The red clay symbolizes Mother Earth.The corn/maize is a symbol of the Sacred Mother, Giver of Life. The Corn Mother is the provider of abundance and fertility. Corn is also associated with divination, harmony with cycles, life force, blessings and protection.

No comments:

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites