Thursday, October 10, 2013

Don't let my silence fool you...

I've been busy. I've been reading and learning a lot, (re)questioning what I do and which directions to take...And as always, I have enough ideas and projects to make people's head spin.
Right now I'm working again on flower and leaf essences that I make using local plants (wild and cultivated). I have redone the packaging and my bottles look really lovely. I currently have 3 of them (wild purslane, borage & rosemary) listed HERE, on my Etsy shop, in great detail as to how to use them and what they are good for. I'll be having some more soon (the advantage of living in California).


Another thing I've been working on is liquid smudges. Most people use essential oils, I don't. I prefer to use a strongly scented tincture as a base for my sprays. There's something very alchemical about the whole process (which can take up to 2 months): it doesn't just extract the scent of the plant, it gets its soul and energy as well. If you are a sensitive, like I am, you will see & feel what I mean when you'll get to use them. I'm hoping to have a few listed within the next couple weeks.
However I have to tell you that I prepare both my flower essence and my liquid smudges in small amounts, so they are available in limited quantities. This allows me to offer a wider choice of essences and scents throughout the seasons.

No comments:

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites