Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Feeling slightly off balance...

...But I know it's temporary and I always fall back on both my feet then keep going, moving forward...Always.
My first class didn't go quite the way I expected, even though I knew what I was doing and saying. An acquaintance of mine said I looked as ease and in my element but I had a student I wasn't prepared for.
This student was autistic and didn't show any emotion. I don't know whether she was interested in what I was saying, and even less about what she might have been thinking. She was just staring at me the whole time with inexpressive eyes and I felt like I had a wall in front of me. I managed to make her smile a couple times so I guess I must have reached her somehow, even just a little bit. I don't know if I'll see her again at the next class, that will be a surprise...
So I got a challenge for my first class. But I like challenges, that won't deter me. There will be a 2nd class as planned. Funny how life can play tricks on you: when you think you've figured out what you want, what works for you, how do to things and which way to go, then comes a spiritual storm out of nowhere which brings new insights and the direction you were taking suddenly changes...
I know what I'm saying is a bit esoteric here but the people who have gone though something similar will understand.

2 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

That would be challenging to just be stared at.. nice you got a smile though:) Good for you having your first class! Awesome xxx

Comfrey Cottages said...

had to come comment again so follow up comments come to me :)

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites