Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My new handmade weaving loom / Mon nouveau métier à tisser fait maison





I got some art supplies during the weekend and found this beautiful frame with a blueish patina on, and with sculpted oak leaves and acorns in each corner. I thought it would make a nice weaving loom (the price was pretty decent too). I started hammering small nails every centimeter when my husband complained that the nails were neither aligned, straight nor at the same height ("You're such an artist!" he said). So he had to fix my doing and ended up hammering the rest of the nails himself. So here's my pretty new loom...

Je me suis procurée du materiel d'arts plastiques durant le weekend et j'ai trouvé ce joli cadre avec une patine bleuâtre ainsi que des feuilles de chêne et des glands sculptés aux quatre coins. J'ai pensé que ce cadre ferait un joli métier à tisser (d'autant plus que le prix était raisonnable). Je me suis donc mise à marteler des clous tous les centimètres cependant mon mari s'est plaint que mes clous n'étaient ni alignés, ni droits et encore moins à la même hauteur ("T'es vraiment une artiste!" qu'il m'a dit). Alors il a dû réparer les "dégâts" et a décidé de terminer lui-même le travail. Voici donc mon nouveau métier à tisser...

2 comments:

Comfrey Cottages said...

my husband tries to micro manage me too:( I am sure it would have been very nice if you would have finished yourself also... xxxx Can't wait to see what you create with it, Jennifer xx

Anonymous said...

Greetings, I do believe your blog could possibly be having browser compatibility
problems. Whenever I take a look at your site in Safari, it looks fine but when
opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues.
I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Apart from that, excellent blog!

Take a look at my website: Nuvalift Reviews

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites