Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Pagan Roman Prayer to the Earth Goddess

"Hear, I beseech thee, and be favourable to my prayer.
Whatsoever herb thy power dost produce, give, I pray, with goodwill to all nations to save them and grant me this my medicine. Come to me with thy powers, and howsoever I may use them may they have good success and to whomsoever I may give them.
Whatever thou dost grant it may prosper. To thee all things return.
Those who rightly receive these herbs from me, do thou make whole.
Goddess, I beseech thee; I pray thee as a suppliant that by thy majesty thou grant this to me.
Now I make intercession to you all ye powers and herbs and to your majesty, ye whom Earth parent of all hath produced and given as a medicine of health to all nations and hath put majesty upon you, be, I pray you, the greatest help to the human race."

From a 12th century herbal.

No comments:

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites