Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Alchemy of the Autumn Equinox

This is taken from Glennie Kindred's book "The Alchemist's Journey". As you already know, she is one of my favorite authors. I have a lot of books, and this one is one of my best acquisitions.

"...The Autumn Equinox is a point of Union and balance between the Light and the Dark, between Fire and Water, between the Yang and the Yin. We all have been encouraged to become disconnected from our Yin, the intuitive, "feeling" parts of ourselves, when in reality both our Yin and Yang aspects create the whole self and, if they are not blocked, flow in a continuous holistic motion of Unity and equilibrium.

...The Autumn Equinox reminds me to balance all parts of myself, the active and the passive, the known and the unknown, the outer journey and the inner journey, the seen and the unseen, the logical and the intuitive, the conscious and the unconscious. From this place of Unity new doors open, and new directions and new possibilities are revealed.

...At this time of the Earth's harvest, I look at my own personal harvest - what has come to fruition in my personal life, what I have learned from my experiences. I am aware that the Earth's energy is about to change and I follow Nature's lead, gradually closing down the outer world and opening up to the inner world, preparing for rest, regeneration and reconnection to my roots.

The Sun has ripened the fruit on the outside, and inside lie the seeds from which next year's harvest will grow. As I look at my personal harvest, I also look for the seeds that lie hidden within it, the seeds that I will nurture in the dark of the winter. It is time to gather my seeds, my resources, to look within, to seek wisdom in the dark of the year, to find renewal in rest and to explore hidden parts of myself.

I am learning to listen to my inner voice, to value and develop my inner senses, to trust my intuition, to follow my heart, to find balance and wholeness in myself, in my life and in the world..."

No comments:

CURRENT MOON

BlogCatalog

Small Business Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Add to Technorati Favorites